You can receive your DUNS number in under 1 day (for free) if you use the following guide.
- Start your request here https://fedgov.dnb.com/webform and select the “Click here to request your D-U-N-S number via the Web”
- Search for your company then select request a D-U-N-S number at the bottom.
- You will now fill out countless forms and verify your identity, this will fail if you did not use Internet Explorer.
- When you get the the page that ask why you are requesting a D-U-N-S number select “Government Contract” for the reason. (Only if this is truthful. Other options include applying for grants.)
- You will have the option to confirm your data before the final page. It should look like this:
Here is the entire process via screen shot.
You will receive a automated email after 24 hours of completing step one. One message will have your new DUNS number. A separate email will have your account setup link, you must create the account to complete the process.
Account setup page also has the option to opt-out of 3rd party solicitation. I suggest you opt-out unless you want to be contacted by marketers.
You now have your DUNS number. Setup is complete.